Here's how to make Carole's world-famous Chocolate Peanut Butter protein shakes. This recipe is for one shake, but adjustments for two shakes are (noted).
- Put one (two) Nutrisystem Creamy Chocolate shake mix packets into the blender.
- Add a few slices of zucchini
- Using a long-handled teaspoon, add a heaping spoonful with 3 to 4 teaspoons of Fage Greek Plain Non-fat Yogurt. (For two shakes, add a second helping.)
- Using the same spoon (but cleaned and dried), add a heaping spoonful with 2 teaspoons of smooth peanut butter. (For two shakes, add a second helping.)
- Add about 1 teaspoon of Hershey chocolate syrup. (For two shakes, add a second helping.)
- Add 3.5 ounces of nonfat milk. (For two shakes, add a second helping.)
- Add 1.25 cups of cubed ice. (For two shakes, add a second helping.)
Start the mixer, and let it run at the slowest speed for a few seconds. Dial up the speed slowly, moving more quickly to a higher speed if the blender lags. After 20-30 seconds, you should reach the highest setting of the variable speeds. Next, move to the high speed setting on the blender, and blend until the zucchini is completely blended and the shake is mostly smooth. Overblending will thin out the shake, and should be avoided.
Pour the shake into an appropriately sized cup. Top with whip cream and Hershey chocolate drizzle, if desired.